How to Create a Reel on Instagram: Complete Guide for New Users
Did you know that the Instagram app has over 1 billion monthly active users? And half of them use the Reels page to discover new content. Reels are also producing more engagement from followers than regular videos.
This is a game-changing way to increase brand awareness. So what exactly are Instagram Reels, and how can they help you grow your business?
Keep reading to find the answer to that question and more, like how to make a Reel on Instagram. Or what you should do to add music to a Reel, choose a cover photo, or add effects. Check our blog posts for even more information.
What Are Instagram Reels?
So, what are Instagram Reels and how are they different from regular videos?
You can post a regular video to Instagram by uploading one to your profile page just like any other post. They are short and entertaining videos that are meant to help you bring life to your brand through social media.
They are eye-catching, interesting videos that engage with your audience and encourage interaction. The Instagram Reels dimensions are 1,080 x 1,920 pixels.
Reels are designed to be easily discoverable so that you can grow your audience. Instead of just posting to your profile, they are also uploaded to the Explore page, where people beyond just your followers can find them.
How long can Instagram Reels be? The answer varies. You can post videos of 15, 30, or 60 seconds.
They also come with a couple of built-in tools designed to help businesses, like product tags, ads, and CTAs.
In addition to these business tools, Reels has everything you need to start recording, editing, and posting your videos. You can choose a different Instagram Reels length for each post. There are many additional editing options.
You can start watching Reels by clicking the Reels tab, which is located in the middle of the navigation tabs at the bottom of the screen.
For a novice, a quick Instagram Reels tutorial about this is all you need to get started. But if you are looking for a way to jump-start your following, there are additional tools to help you make videos like a professional.
People who want to increase their views and followers, become an influencer, or use social media for digital marketing should consider downloading the Mojo app.
Sign up for Mojo Teams and start creating professional content for all your business needs
How Can Mojo Help?
Many apps out there claim to make social media easier by helping you find the best time to post Reels on Instagram, so how is Mojo different?
Mojo is the missing link between making average video Reels and making unforgettable, professional Reels that leave an impression on followers they want to experience again and again.
Our app is the way to make stunning videos, with text effects, high-quality animations, and hundreds of premade templates to choose from. With the pro version, you can even add your branding and logo, use any format style, and remove backgrounds with just one tap!
If you have used our app before for TikTok videos, you will be very familiar with how Mojo can help. The process for making videos for Instagram Reels vs. TikTok is very similar.
How to Make a Reel for Instagram
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make Instagram Reels with Mojo. Before you create a Reel, make sure you download the Mojo app. You can do that from the App Store or Google Play.
Sign Up for Mojo Pro
- Open the app and advance through the feature previews. Next, you will get the opportunity to sign up for Mojo PRO, the best Instagram Reels app. With this version, you will unlock access to over 400 social templates, text styles, and any new ones added in the future.
- You can choose to get this plan for as low as $9.99 per month or pay for the entire year with a $39.99 one-time payment. There is even a 3-day free trial, so you can test the features and ensure it is right for you.
- Once you decide on your profile settings, you can begin creating video content right away.
Choose a Template
- First, you can choose which template you want to use. You can select a story format, post format, or any other format.
- To create a Reel, simply click on the rectangle labeled REEL in the CHOOSE A DESIGN row.
- Now you will see all available templates to use, or you can start from scratch. There are categories like real estate, beauty, food, music and audio, and much more to help you create your style.
- Click the template you want to work with, and it will open up for editing.
Add Video and Audio
- You will either need to give Mojo access to your camera roll to add your videos and photos or hit the record button to record new ones to use.
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, there is a plus icon. You can use this to add media, text, graphics, or another page in case you want to make a series of clips.
- There is a paintbrush icon at the bottom left corner of the template. Using this button, you can bring up additional editing options. You can change your template, change the colors, add music, add audio and AR effects, or change the format. You can even add filters to Reels.
- You can click the eyeball icon at the top center of your screen to preview exactly how your Reel will look when posted. At the top right corner, you can hit the save button to save your changes.
- It is essential to add music to your Reels to make them entertaining and catchy. Find trending audio clips to be sure to create content your followers will love.
- To do this, you can look for the trending arrow. If there is an arrow pointing upwards instead of the regular music note icon next to the song name at the bottom of the video, then it is trending. You could try to search for something like trending songs on Instagram Reels 2021. Researching trends can help you build followers.
You can also follow other accounts for inspiration. You can follow the Creators account on Instagram, which posts a trend report every Friday.
Save and Publish
- When you are done creating the perfect video, you can share a Reel by saving your creation and clicking the Instagram icon that pops up on the bottom of your screen. You can also cancel, save the video, share the link, set a reminder for later, or save it as a draft.
- When you hit the Instagram icon, you will have the option to publish to your story or feed. Simply hit whichever button you want to post to, and your video will be uploaded. Take the time to add a cover photo and quality captions.
If you find yourself wondering why your Instagram Reels are not working, then go to the help section located in your settings.
What size should I export for Instagram reels?
To make sure your reel appears in the most flattering way possible, use one of the following aspect ratios: 16:9, 1:1, or 4:5. If you upload a vertical 9:16 video, for example, Instagram will automatically crop it to 4:5. Don't forget to use the right size for avoiding aesthetic display problems.
Adding Your Content to Instagram With Mojo
Now that you know how Instagram Reels can improve your online brand don't waste any time posting your own videos. Check out our blog for more tips and tricks like how to use Instagram Reels.
Take advantage of the 3-day free trial and download the Mojo app to begin creating professional-level content your followers will love.
Looking to upgrade your social content? Subscribe to Mojo Pro today and get started!