10 proven Reels ideas for local businesses
Need Instagram Reels or Tiktok ideas for your local business?
Here are 10 trending Reels ideas for this summer.
This list is ideal for gyms, hair salons, clinics, clothing stores, and any other local business that promotes their services on social media.
Now that you're here, you might be interested in these articles as well:
- How to use Instagram Reels to market your business
- How to create a custom Instagram Reel cover
- Instagram Reels trends for 2022
Let’s dive into our top content ideas!
Sign up for Mojo Teams and start creating professional content for all your business needs
Reel idea #1: The beyond-brilliant idea
This works perfectly for any before/after content. You can show products, furniture, clothes, new hairstyles, or whatever product or service you offer to your customers.
Instagram Reel: Brilliant Idea
Tiktok: Brilliant Idea
- Snap your fingers for transition
- Don’t move the camera and keep it in the same spot for both before/after shots
- Add a great font for the finishing touches
Reel idea #2: The 5-second reel
This idea is based on very short audio that the algorithm loves to pick up. You can show a product, a service, a client, or anything that looks good in a 5 seconds clip. Don’t go over time here!
Instagram Reel: Original sound by the9x
Tiktok: Original sound by bogmasha
- Reduce the speed of the video by 30% to give it a slight slow-motion feeling
- Move elegantly
- Add some text to make your clip more relevant
Here’s a Mojo template that works perfectly for this idea:
You can find it in the Sports titles templates on Mojo.
Reel idea #3: Watch me now
This reel idea works well especially if you offer a unique product or service. It’s a confident “I can do it, watch me now” to all the nay-sayers that doubted your business idea.
Instagram Reel: flick_hickson Original Audio
Tiktok: colinriggyrigg Original Audio
- Vibe a bit while the first part of the audio is playing
- Add text for the “watch me now” part
Mojo has plenty of cool animated text styles:
Reel idea #4: Cheers! Or product showcase
A great reel for frequent travelers but it can easily be made into a business reel too. Especially if you have products that can be used in different environments, like furniture. Simply add your product to different backgrounds/settings and clip it together. Voilà!
Instagram Reel: Santiago Novello
Tiktok: Santiago Novello
Reel idea #5: This is perfect
This trend works for anything you want to showcase, because your business is…. well, perfect of course ✨!
Instagram Reel: niamhadkins Original Audio
Tiktok: hope_schwing Original Audio
- To make it more interesting add some movement to the shots
- Zoom in/ walk closer to the subject
- Turn camera left to right
Reel idea #6: Lights, Camera, Action!
Another easy way to create a reel that is super trendy right now. It works for a before/after but is flexible enough to just create a nice product showcase.
Instagram Reel: rfdsm_ Original Audio
Tiktok: Zoom, Jessi
- Use an Instagram template to have the right clip length for this audio
- Add texts “Light”, “Camera”, and “Action” to 3 clips to make it more interesting
Mojo templates to create your clips with fonts:
You'll find it in the Text Slideshow templates in the app.
Reel idea #7: Work-life balance
This is a great video idea for all hard-working business owners or freelancers. Show your audience that clients are your main priority but you also take enough time for yourself.
Instagram Reel: andrewmonterfit Original Audio
- Play the audio while recording so can move according to the music
- Let someone film you or put your phone on a tripod
- Put an interesting text for your audience that makes them relate to you
Reel idea #8: I’m addicted to this
Another great product showcase that works for almost all small businesses. Show clients your newest recipe, newest product, or service and tell them how addicted they will become after trying (not in a medical sense of course).
Instagram Reel: So I'm addicted to this.. Original Audio
Tiktok: sweet.bee.two.es Original Audio
- Add some transitions to make this reel stand out from others
- Keep the video short and sweet
- Cut together 2 or 3 clips, add some camera movement
Reel idea #9: Isn’t it lovely?
Great for showcasing almost everything that looks beautiful: From products to real estate or interior.
Instagram Reel: lamorecos Original Audio
Tiktok: favsoundds Original Audio
- Keep your movements slow
- Use some way to introduce your motive to get a “wow” effect. For example, open a door - or use one of the Mojo openers templates
Reel idea #10: Timelapse of you working
This reel idea is perfect for every service provider - simply put your phone on a tripod and get started. Add any cool audio that fits the aesthetic of your video.
This works with any fast-beat audio, try Because You Move Me
- If you don’t have a tripod for your phone, build your own setup with heavy books and a table. It’s important that the camera doesn’t wiggle or move while filming
- Make sure that if you move a lot while working, you’re not out of frame for too long
- Optionally you can add a result at the end of the video
Looking to upgrade your social content? Subscribe to Mojo Pro today and get started!