6 simple tips to elevate your social strategy
Sign up for Mojo Teams and start creating professional content for all your business needs
Wondering how to stand out on social media in 2022 and 2023? In this post, we are going to talk about how to elevate your social media marketing strategy so you can hit your goals in the coming months.
We will share 6 simple tips to improve your engagement rates and conversions. You'll also get information about how to improve your marketing strategies to maximize your efforts on any platform!
How to improve your current social media marketing
Within the Mojo blog, you'll find tons of highly specific social marketing tips. For example: We've already written plenty of blogs about marketing for Instagram, TikTok and other platforms.
However, in this post, we want to give you our best tips to improve your overall social media marketing. We'll keep it pretty high-level so the tactics can be applied to your social strategy as a whole.
1 - Know the key components of a successful social media post
What makes good content on social media? What makes certain posts go viral? How can you reliably grow your business on socials? Here are 4 key things that will take your content to the next level:
- Specificity: Even though you want a large number of followers, craft your posts as if they were made for 1 person. Picture someone in your target audience. Think about how they feel, what they're doing when they see your content and what will keep them engaged.
- Interactivity: Inspire followers with a branded challenge or giveaway. It's a great social media strategy that boosts the fun and lowers the pressure to convert with your business. Not to mention, interactivity offloads some of the work away from you. See tip #5 for more!
- Consistency: You have to consistently show up for your followers with regular posting. Doing so will help you stay in their minds. After all, we can't all be household social media names like Kylie Jenner or Cristiano Ronaldo!
- Adaptability: Improving your social media marketing takes a little bit of trial and error. You may not perform as well as you want until your 5th, 15th or 25th post. However, your social posts can be analyzed in retrospect for effectiveness. From there, you'll get closer and closer to something great.
2 - Define your top social marketing goals
We'd all love if our content went viral and gained millions of followers. However, the more specific and strategic we can be about our marketing goals, the better we can achieve them.
Later on, you can make your marketing strategy more sophisticated, but we challenge you to nail down the top 3 goals you want to accomplish on social media - and why they are the most important. Here are some ideas to help:
- I want more followers so I can continuously advertise my products to a loyal fanbase.
- I want to draw followers to my blog so more people can click on my affiliate links.
- I want to go viral often so I can become an influencer and earn money in sponsorships.
- I want to build trust with my followers so they will feel comfortable purchasing from me.
Notice how specific these goals are? When you break down these ideas, you can actually formulate a strategy to accomplish exactly what you're looking for.
3 - Write down your social media strategy
Once you nail down specific social marketing goals, it's time to craft your plan. Many small businesses and solopreneurs may just keep ideas in their heads or jot them down on a notepad.
However, to see real social media growth, you need to operate like a large, thriving company. Give yourself a roadmap to your social media strategy. What should this roadmap include?
- Content pillars: Define some guidelines as to what types of things you will post. For example: A salon's content pillars could include hair transformations, hair product reviews, hair selfcare and up-do how-to's.
- Best times to post: Find the best times to post in your industry. Make a calendar to visualize when you'll need to come up with content. Nowadays, there are so many data points to help you figure out how to get the most engagement and views!
- Best days to post: Discover the best days to post based on your audience. Add this information to your content calendar so you have a set number of posts you need to complete each month.
- Holiday posting: Take federal holidays, shopping holidays and online holidays into account. Your viewers will either be more active on socials or less, so you'll have to figure out what and when to post.
- Product launches: Map out when you plan to do product launches, giveaways and the like. Build up excitement for days or weeks in advance with engaging videos, images and social media challenges.
- Waterfall content strategy: If you're posting on all social media platforms and/or on a blog or podcast, we suggest upcycling your content with the waterfall method. You create a main piece of content - such as a podcast episode - and then spin off with excerpts of information to share on socials.
4 - Capitalize on time-saving tools
You only get 24 hours in a day. Yet, if you plan on doing even more work to build up your socials, you need more time and energy.
Streamline how you create a social media post and how you post it. There are so many tools available to create content faster and more efficiently. For example: The Mojo video creation app lets you drag-and-drop media into premade templates. Customize these templates quickly, and create engaging video posts within minutes, rather than hours.
You may also want to invest in social media content calendars that let you schedule posts in advance. This enables more content batching, which is super efficient and systematic.
5 - Recruit outside help to boost engagement
Outside help can come in many forms, some paid and others for free. Let's look at several ways to outsource help and improve your social media content marketing.
- Collaborate with influencers: You can find influencers big and small on all platforms. When you collaborate, your profile, products and/or services can be seen by new users. Influencers can provide the momentum, street credibility and trust you need to win more followers and customers.
- Share user-generated posts: Each platform has a way to share user-generated posts. Not only is this awesome content to add to your strategy, but it makes your profile more interactive with users. Use call-to-actions or create giveaways and challenges for people to post. This will draw extra attention to your brand.
- Hire a social media manager: Sometimes it's best to leave it to a professional. If you tend to stress out and spend too much time on social media with little success, hiring someone to implement your social media marketing strategy may be worth it. They would grow your audience, and thus, the potential for more business.
- Run social media ads: Even though you can get by with free content, paid social ads can be a great investment to be seen by more users. These ads have to be optimized for conversions, but they can give you the instant exposure you need.
As you can see, there are several ways to give yourself a leg up on more engagement and conversions.
6 - Geek out on post engagement analysis
Aside from creating your marketing strategy and implementing it, you have to analyze what works. Dive deep into the analytics tools within each platform. You may find that one post does really well on Instagram, whereas the same post flopped on YouTube.
We suggest scheduling a weekly or monthly analysis session. During this time, review in-app analytics of your accounts, assess what worked, determine what failed and reframe your social media content around your findings.
Looking to upgrade your social content? Subscribe to Mojo Pro today and get started!