How do Instagram Guides work?
Sign up for Mojo Teams and start creating professional content for all your business needs
Originally created in May of 2020, Instagram Guides used to focus solely on wellness content.
This content was meant to streamline recommendations, tips and resources for people who were struggling physically, mentally and emotionally during the COVID-19 pandemic. Needless to say, they were a total hit!
Now, there has been an Instagram Guide expansion into nearly every industry.
In this article, we’ll give you all the facts about Instagram Guides, how to find them and how to use them if you are a business owner.
We’ll also give you a step-by-step on how to create your own Instagram Guide within the app.
How Instagram Guides work
Let’s dive into how Instagram Guides work. As a regular user, these Guides hold a wealth of helpful information.
As a business owner, these Guides can build your following, strengthen brand trust and build loyal relationships in an authentic way.
Be sure to read about how businesses can use Instagram Guides later on in this article.
What is an Instagram Guide?
An Instagram Guide is a curation of posts, products and tips that creators and brands can share with their followers. Guides are meant to inspire, educate or even entertain.
They include a mixture of pictures, media and text to cover complex topics. You’ll see a lot of how-to’s and deep dives that help Instagram users solve a problem.
How do Instagram Guides benefit users?
Instagram Guides benefit users in several different ways.
For years, the platform has been trying to improve the user experience by pinpointing and consolidating useful content that is tailored to each user. The goal is to:
- Craft insightful collections of content to help people
- Capitalize on the reach of trusted creators
- Partner with experts to send out relevant, accurate information
- Make great content easily accessible
- Optimize the way people learn and get information using text and media
What kinds of Instagram Guides are out there?
Instagram has decided to expand their Guide options into topics beyond wellness. Now, you can find Guides related to nearly any industry, including travel, retail and more.
Types of Instagram Guides that you may see:
- How-to Guides
- Informational Guides
- Product Guides
- Topic clouds
- Brand announcements
- Product highlights
From a creator standpoint, you have 3 types of Instagram Guides to choose from:
- Places Guide: You can recommend places around the world. This option uses geolocation to tag locations and connect with users geographically.
- Products Guide: You can recommend products from other accounts. You’ll choose an account and then choose to promote one of their curated products.
- Posts Guide: You can create a Guide based on saved posts or your own existing posts. This option is great for Instagram blog accounts and service-based businesses especially.
After choosing the type of Guide you want to create, you’ll be able to add titles and text to explain why you promote these products or how your posts all fit together.
Don’t forget: Jump down below for a complete step-by-step on how to create Instagram Guides in the app.
How do you get the Instagram Guide option in the app?
Instagram Guides are generated by brands, influencers and creators, so they will pop up automatically, thanks to the Instagram algorithm.
If you’re a brand or content creator, see our step-by-step below on how to create an Instagram Guide.
Where do you find Instagram Guides?
Instagram Guides can be found on business accounts, creator accounts and Instagram influencer accounts.
You may find that many accounts you follow have already created their own Instagram Guides. Just go to their profile pages to see what they offer.
For accounts that you don’t follow, the Instagram algorithm will present Guides to you on the Explore page.
Creating Instagram Guides for your brand
Instagram Guides can be used to bring value to your followers. Providing this value will work wonders for your brand trust, credibility and authority in your industry. Such wonders include:
- Your followers will love the free content you put out
- Your account will be seen as a trusted source in your field
- Your audience will grow as you continue to give more and more
- Your followers will find solutions within your content
- Your content will retain the attention of followers for longer
What are some tips for creating Instagram Guides as a brand?
First and foremost, your Guides should be audience-specific. They should help your followers achieve something they want, help them or entertain them.
If you promote products in your Instagram Guide, these products should provide the best solutions for your customers. When promoting a collection of products together, make sure the selection is comprised of complementary products.
To create a successful Instagram Guide, here are some more tips to get started:
- Partner with influencers to get noticed
- Collaborate with experts to gain credibility
- Optimize the Instagram algorithm with keywords
- Strategize your use of key hashtags
How do you create an Instagram Guide in the app?
Here is a step-by-step on how to get started on your Instagram Guide:
- Go to your main profile page.
- Tap the plus icon up in the top right.
- Choose the Guide option.
- Choose your Guide type.
- Start building your Guide using saved posts and existing content.
- Finish the Guide by tapping “Next” and sharing it with the world!
Create stunning visual Guides
If you’re ready to start nurturing your audience with thoughtful Instagram Guides, you’ll want your visual content to look amazing!
With the Mojo app, you can create stunning videos that will captivate your audience and put your best foot forward as a brand. Click here to see the magic!
Even though Instagram Guides are meant to provide value, great Guides can help you grow your audience and encourage conversions or sales from the platform.
If you’re looking for more ways to maximize your account, read this article next: 7 lucrative ways to make money on Instagram.
Looking to upgrade your social content? Subscribe to Mojo Pro today and get started!